Monday 13 October 2014

Sports passion leads to teaching career

Stoke City Ladies FC star Hannah Bailey has used her passion for sport to take the first steps into what she hopes will be a successful career in teaching.

After graduating from the UCLan Sports Studies programme, Hannah qualified as a Teacher before securing her first role at Xaverian Sixth Form College in Manchester.

Hannah said her time at UCLan was fantastic: "I loved everything about the campus - location, facilities and most importantly the friends I made along the way. I had a solid group of friends studying alongside me which made learning a lot more enjoyable.

"We worked hard together and did as much extra enrichment as possible through the various sports coaching qualifications that were made available to us. The lecturers made such a difference; always on hand to help, with excellent subject knowledge and enjoyable and interactive lectures.

"My career path was always teaching and as a result I opted for the teaching modules to enhance my understanding. Work placements at a local sports development office enabled me to get first-hand experience of teaching in primary schools.

"Once university finished I decided to take some time out to develop my skills working in various settings from educational establishments, care homes and sports teams.

"I made the decision to complete my teaching training in further education. Knowing I had a real strong passion for sport sociology and confidence to speak in front of groups, teaching was my vocation.

"I'm currently employed as a teacher of PE and Uniform Public Services at Xaverian College. In the future I hope to complete my Master's and eventually lecture on a sports course at university.

"I love sports, but football has and will always be my passion. I play for Stoke City Ladies in the FA Women's Premier League and I'm currently top goalscorer in the league - not such a bad accomplishment!"

No comments:

Post a Comment