Thursday 7 May 2015

Student chases teaching dream

Our programme is designed to provide students with a variety of opportunities for their future careers.

Jonathan Barber, who is set to graduate this summer, has been accepted onto a PGCE course at Lakes College, West Cumbria, which he plans to use a route into a teaching role.

He said: "The course has been perfect for me. UCLan Sports Studies has various modules which focus on various aspects of sport.

"When teaching at FE level this is valuable as BTEC courses look at a variety of different aspects such as history and sociology, but also the practical side in coaching and PE.

"The lectures at university have been excellent. Over the three years I've found Danny Nuttall has always made himself available whenever I've needed some advice. Nick Passenger and David Grecic have also been brilliant - they've given me the knowledge I've needed to successfully gain a place on my PGCE course by making me feel confident for my interview.

"In the future I'm hoping to teach in FE to inspire students to reach their potential, either in employment or at university."

The UCLan Sports Studies team would like to congratulate Jonathan on his success.

No comments:

Post a Comment